Tuesday 6 January 2009

New Year tactics

Scowls and frowns are the language of New Year. These few days in early January where the winter bites and we emerge blinking back into reality... Hard days.

I try to take some steps to soften the blow. The first is to avoid newspapers at all cost. Don't get me wrong; I love a Times or a Guardian, but there is a persistent miserabilism in the UK press these days which is bad for the spirit. Good job no-one believes much of anything they read there any more or we'd all be stringing ourselves up.

Second step, which I'm less good at, is to go into work with a plan and stick to it hard no matter what. Get something achieved because that makes you feel great.

Third step. Sort a treat for week one. I'm going for a floatation tank session here.

Us lot. We feel abandoned in new year. If we're lucky we've just had two weeks of warmth and looking after. The telly's been on, the desk a memory. Suddenly we're back to life. It's tough. So be nice to yourself.

-- Post From My iPhone

No comments: